Monday, January 19, 2009

State of the Tallahassee Real Estate

I wrote a recent newsletter to my sphere giving information about the 2008 state of Tallahassee real estate and projections for 2009. In this past Sunday's paper, a competitive real estate office had a surprisingly similar article in the real estate section.

I'm in no way suggesting plagiarism, I'm delighted to see what I wrote confirmed by other Realtors in the area.

In a quick synposis, this is what I said: Tallahassee sales of single family homes, townhomes and condos were lower in 2008 than any year for the past 5 years. Sales may have been lower than 2003, but I didn't go back that far. Still there were over 2500 sales in 2008.

Expectations for 2009 are that these resales will be slightly higher in 2009, but new construction is not expected to gain for the year.

Mortgage rates couldn't be better, local banks are lending and there are some fabulous buys out there, many sellers are willing to negotiate.

Of the sales for 2008 and 1500 Realtors with the Tallahassee Board, only 1000 brokered a transaction during the year. Of those 1000, with the help of repeat customers and customer referrals (the bulk of my business) I finished the year in the top 20% of sales. Thank you all very much for your referrals and business.

Wish to know more about Tallahassee's real estate market or want information about foreclosures or short sales, check out my website at www.agoodmove.us.

No comments: