Sunday, September 20, 2009

August Sales Up

When people ask me about the real estate market, I tell them the local stats. The media has been saying Florida sales have been up from last year's sales for several months, but that's not been happening in Tallahassee. While our peak month of sales in 08 was in June, this year we peaked in July, a good sign, but still no sales above last years. Then in August, we did exceed last years sales, not by much, but home sales in Leon County were up, another good sign. I knew it and had been telling others of such. Then I read in yesterday's real estate section of the paper of just such. It's nice to have that confirmation. I just wish I'd taken the time to write the article. Real estate is local. If you want to know what is really going on in your city, ask your local Realtor!

No comments: