Sunday, September 13, 2009

Turning 55

Having lunch with a friend yesterday at Atlanta Bread Company (the good one on Market Street) I inquired if they had senior discounts. I'm not 55 yet, but I turn it next month and I'm looking forward to finding out who gives discounts and who doesn't.



My lunch friend is older than me, but never asks. She doesn't want people to know she's that old. Well I've been gray headed so long now, people have given me senior discounts without my asking. I imagine to most of the high school and some college kids working at restaurants, we all look ancient.



I'd had lunch Friday at Moe's and inquired if they had discounts, to which I was told they did, 10% to seniors.



So my assignment that I choose to take this month prior to turning 55 will be to ask every business I visit if they give senior discounts, whether they are roofers, house cleaners, or restaurants. I'll report and provide a list, once compiled for interested parties. Perhaps it will encourage others who do not provide them to start.



By the way the ABC (Atlanta Bread Co.) on Market Street doesn't give discounts, but says they are going to start. I'll let you know! They did say the one at Governors Sq. Blvd. does, but they don't get my business anyway. If you go, ask for it.



In fact, if you'd like to help me out, and I would appreciate it, let me know who you know that gives discounts and the amounts if you know.



Thanks and have a great day and remember, ask for those discounts!

No comments: